Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The jelly rocker story

Ice-cream was out that summer. Jelly was the thing.Jelly with fruit jelly in weired shapes,jelly any way you could get it.There was to be an Eat Off tomorrow at Jack Noble`s house.I could eat three bowls in fifty four seconds.This would give me a chance to prove it.First stop was the supermarket.I was after cherry or lemon.They were the only flavours I liked.There they were! A huge stack of jelly packets.But can you believe it? They were all mango! Then I saw it.One cherry packet was in the bottom row.I had to have it.I heard the rumble of wheels coming towards me.I turned.It was Jack Noble on his skateboard.Quick! I thought.Grab the cherry jelly.Too late.Thump1 Noble crashed into me and I went flying into the stack.Jelly packets went everywhere.Most of them landed on me.I looked up to see Noble skating away.Jack Noble was the most popular kid in the school.He had everything.He had the best skateboard, the coolest baseball cap and now, he had my cherry jelly.Looks like I m stack with mango, I thought as I started to pick up the mess.Thanks said the man from the store.I saw what happened.Here,have this one for free.He handed me a packet of jelly.It was different colour.It was called : Any flavour you wish for!Wow1! Free jelly.Now that's cool.My little sister, Liz,wanted to know what I was up to.I told her about my run in with Jack Noble.I told her that we were having an Eat Off tomorrow afternoon.Whats an Eat Off? asked Liz.Its a competition to see who can eat the most jelly in the shortest time,I said.I set to work making the jelly.Then I made my wish.I wish for the coolest cherry jelly on the planet! Is it set? Is it set? asked Liz as I took the jelly out of the fridge,an hour later.Its still a bit wobbly, I said Maybe we should put it in smaller bowls. I know,said Liz I ve got these great shapes.Look, you can make stars and animals.The wobbly jelly leapt out of the bowl and onto the bench.A wobbling jelly creature stood on the beanch.

No comments:

Post a Comment